Thursday, October 24, 2013

The "Clean" Diet Day 4

This post may be skewed in a way since I had a terrible day at work.  I am not going to get into it but it wasn't one of my best days. 

I am emotionally compromised.

Nevertheless, today I woke up with a screaming headache.  It felt like a cross between a hangover and a sinus headache, so yeah, it was pretty painful.  It lasted until 9:00 am.  I woke up at 7:00  sharp.  I am not sure of the cause of the headahce but it made sure it was present in my wake up call.  It didn't really make sense since I drank a lot of water before I went to bed and stuck true to the diet.  I did read and heard from various people that this is a normal thing and shouldn't be alarmed.  Actually, this headache usually arrives due to caffiene withdrawal, which doesn't make sense since I barely drink the stuff.  If I drink coffee, it is a clear and glaring sign I am really tired.

Anyway, it eventually went away and I was able to spend the day without any real discomfort.

For lunch (First bite at 2:12 pm), I had a delicious piece of lamb.  I am going to proclaim lamb my favorite meat on the planet.  It's delcious, lean, flavorful, and one of the healthiest meats there is.  It made my day just having it at lunch (no exaggeration, it was the highlight of the day)  I didn't start having lamb until I worked at Trap Rock Brewery (A fine dining resturant in Berkeley Heights).  I was 22 when I started and so thankful the cook was addicted to the lean meat.  The beauty of lamb is there are so many different type of cuts, each supplying their own unique texture and flavor.  If you haven't eat it or have something against it, change that immediately.

Here are the benefits of eating lamb:

-Besides fish, lamb has the most omega-3 fatty acids per serving
- Daily Value Percantages (%):

     Tryptophan(1)--109.3
     Protein--60.3
     Selnium (2)--49
     Vitamin B12--40.8
     Vitamin B3--38.7
     Zinc--30.6
     Phosphorus--23.3

(1) Trypotphan is an amino acid with the following qualities:
  1. Help regulate your appetite
  2. Improved Sleep
  3. Mood elevation
The mineral also helps with the following conditions:
  1. Depression
  2. Anxiety
  3. Irritability
  4. Impatience
  5. Impulsiveness
  6. Inability to concentrate
  7. Weight gain or unexplained weight loss
  8. Slow growth in children
  9. Overeating and/or carbohydrate cravings
  10. Poor dream recall
  11. Insomnia
(2) Selenium improves your metabolism and is high in antioxidants

The tough day at work made me crave terrible things to eat.  Candy, Frozen Snickers Bars, Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich and plenty of other delicious, yet horrifically non-nutrious treats.  I desperately needed a coping mechanism so food was the first choice.  The crazing is even more magnified due to the diet but battling it felt good.  And I didn't cave. I feel accomplished and it is the only other positive today.

I am sure tomorrow will be better.

Meals: 

Breakfast: Peach Cobbler Smoothie (blueberries, peaches, cocoa powder, coconut water, flax and chia seed)
Lunch: Lamb with dijon mustard seasoning over a mixed greens--Squeezed a lemon over the salad ass the dressing
Dinner: Peach Cobbler Smoothie
Snacks: Cashews, Brazil Nuts, Almonds, Blackberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, and 3 Apples

Workout:

I decided not to run to give my legs some rest.  Instead, I did another T-25 workout with Lindsay.  I was hoping it would be an upper body or core workout but naturally, it was all legs.  Perfect.  I didn't attack the workout like I usually do because I plan on running at least 5.5 miles tomorrow and add a little speed to the workout.  I didn't want to injure myself or threaten an injury.  But still, it was nice working out with Lindsay.  I hope she sticks with it.  It's a really good workout plan and most of all, fair.  It challenges you but encourages not to push yourself in the beginning stressing that the fitness will come over time and soon enough, you will be able to mirror what everyone else is doing on the screen.  I can also see that they took the public feedback from Insanity and made some improvements.  Really brilliant stuff and hard to ignore the results.  All you need is a half hour of your time and you've got a really good workout.  There really isn't any excuses for this one.   Stick to it and you will see the results without committing a large portion of your life to it.  Also, very inexpensive since the only thing you need is your body. 

From this simple workout, it is evident that the diet had no effect, whether it is positive or not.

Let's see how I feel tomorrow

Stay Tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment