Sunday, November 11, 2012

Nobody Beats Father Time

As some of you may know, I started this website to spread the Tri For Life Foundation brand.  A program to raise money for multiple charities, communities, and those close to me in need.  I also use blogging as a vehicle to promote future sponsors, races, and any other triathlon based experiences to illustrate the hard work and dedication that every triathlete goes through.  What most of you don't know is, I using this a catalyst to motivate myself.  To get to me to the next level.  I am working towards becoming a part time professional athlete.  With that, I have learn a few things, especially since I am doing most of this on the fly (numerous errors has already occurred).

Today, I was planning on throwing the frisbee with a few friends and then watch football at a local bar.  However, when I arrived to the high school field, a few of friends were playing flag football, which led me to a change of plans.

And before I continue, this has to be stated.  I am retardedly competitve.  It's almost pathological.  Compare me to Michael Jordan in that respect.  I hate losing and will do anything (in the confines of the rules) to win at whatever I am playing.  It could be the Super Bowl or Monopoly, I play to to be the victor. 

It makes sense I want to become a part time professional triathlete.

Anyway, during the football game I had (I really didn't have to, I am just retardedly competitive... if I didn't cover that) to drive for multiple tackles and catches trying to put my team in the best position to win (the game ended in a tie by the way... figures).  The problem is I dive the same way every time.  I don't know any better.  I land on my effin right knee every single effin time.  After the third time, my knee had enough.  I could barely walk without a limp.  I never had this problem before but this is becoming a concerning trend.  I am getting older and I can't do these type of things anymore.  I always put my body to try and make the big play.  My nickname in basketball was the human mop for Christ's sake, but I can't put my body through this anymore .  One, I can't take the pounding like I used to (phrasing) and two and most importantly, I have to be smarter than this.  I am planning on building a foundation and part time career on a perfomance base system. 

I still want to compete and engage in friendly competition (who am I kidding) but I have to be smarter. Nobody beats father time and I am learning like everyone else does... When your body fails you. 

Baz Luhrmann once said "You don't know the power of your youth until they have faded."  Well Baz, I can't stand how right you are.  That doesn't mean, I can't learn how to extend the power of my youth.  I will be out for a week due to this injury.  I can't find a better place to start to learn from this. 

Too much is at stake.

1 comment:

  1. Quoting Baz Luhrman = Winning

    Enjoy your week off. I'm just starting up again :-)

    ReplyDelete