Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Closing Time

In my previous post, I whined and complained about my body slowly decaying (even though I am in great shape) leading to a knee injury when I played some flag football with friends.  I thought I would be out for a week due to the immense pain I was in on Sunday night, but tonight I couldn't help myself.

When you workout for so many years, your body and mind can go into a lull during a break, even though it's a small break.  It's been three days since the injury and already I feel restless, groggy, and down.  Not in a depressing matter, but my perception of things becomes altered in a negative sense. 

Therefore, a good workout is in need.

So tonight, I put the bike on the trainer and watched Thunder vs. Grizzlies (NBA... just so we're clear), worked out for 2 hours and I feel really good right now.  I will probably not get to sleep until around 1, which anounts to 5 hours of sleep, but I guarantee you, I will be more lively than I have been the previous three days.  Now, keep in mind, I have been getting at least 8 hours of sleep the previous few days. 

All of the endorphins, sense of accomplishment, and adrenaline creates a better me (sorry, that was lame) complete me (I suck at this).  You get where I am going. 

Ask any hardworking ahtlete trying to better themselves in their respective sport and they will tell you that they are more alert, active, and lively when they workout consistently (and intelligently, that's an important note), even if sleep is lost (which it will be...it just comes with the territory).

I understand it sounds crazy when I tell everyone this but it is the truth.  I still even don't fully comprehend it, but I follow the pattern.

The point I am trying to get  to is I hear some many people make up excuses to not workout, that they don't have the time or too much to do.  I am hear to tell you, you do have the time.  Sleep can be compromised if you use your time wisely.  There is a reason people workout continually: you feel so effin good afterwards.

Just try it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment