Sunday, November 25, 2012

Good Times...

Whew... it feels like yesterday when I lasted posted but it has already been 12 days.  Almost two weeks, and no posts. 

This actually leads into the releavancy of blogging. 

Blogging gives me everyone the opportunity to reflect on recent events and document so I  anyone can return to it later if need be (I am acting like this is historic or something).

I am very nostalgic by the way.

But the more pertinent issue is reflection.  We always get so caught in our own lives we miss so much of the little things (insert Ferris Bueller's famous quote)

So let's get caught up on a nice and easy bullet and numbering system (Thank you Bill Gates):

  1. Workouts since my last post: 3 bike trainer workouts (watching some sports and did one while Lindsay and I were watching the show Arrow on the CW [Calling All Dorks]), 4 runs (maximum distance was 6.7 miles), and some various Wii Games (shouldn't count but I am desperate)
  2. Drove to Virginia to visit my family on November 16 to give a lump sump of $4500 to my cousins who are suffering from cancer. Thank you to all that have donated---Thank you cards are quickly to follow
    1. More on this subject in the next post
  3. Thanksgiving Eve: I stayed in and played video games---Yes, I am 26 and I am an adult...the last time I checked
  4. Thanksgiving...Felt a little empty this year and I felt like such doo doo since I ate so much crap (the point of Thanksgiving)
  5. Black Friday:  A Racksman tradition to spend the day with drinking at the oldest pub in Manhattan, McSorley's to celebrate the mass majority of American parents killing each other (literally) for the best prices for stuff you are going to give your kids, siblings, friends, and signifcant others that they are probably aren't going to use or like after two weeks.
    1. The drinking at McSorley's, a festive shit show thrown with the ugliest rendition of God Bless America (See my facebook page) and due to the excessive amount of drinking (12 beers in 3.5 hours time approx.) I had a severe, mid day, wide awake hang over (So much fun)

All and all, a fun filled day...I am the one on the left by the way

So, to leave everyone on a good note... I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend and have fun getting back to the ole grind.

Talk to you soon and on much shorter notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment