Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Inspirational Center

Most people who workout, run, swim, bike, play basketball or doing anything that takes serious effort always runs into a wall.  A state of mind or place everyone knows and hates.  The moment where walking up stairs or making dinner becomes an arduous chore and feels like your running a marathon when you finally muster the energy.  At these times, we seek inspiration and motivation to do anything.  Most people listen to music, primarily when one goes to the gym, to jump start their adrenaline.  Others read books or watch movies. 

Me, I love watching commercials or promos. I know it sounds silly but they are quick, to the point, and impactful.  Some have even brought a tear or two to my eye.

Ironically, corporations like Nike, Red Bull, and Saucony produce advertisements to sell me their  products yet I am buying their inspiring messages. 

Here are a few of my favorites and there may be a Lance Armstrong commercial in here:


It's hard not to be motivated by this video.  Oscar Pistorius has been told he can't do certain things his entire life.  Thank Goodness he is a bad listener and gives us no excuses.

Speaking of no excuses...


I am suppose to run today but I think I have a case of the Wednesdays.  Sorry Matt.


I usually watch this video right before a race to gear me up against my future competition.  Has worked out thus far.  Hopefully, it can help you.

And in approximately 4 minutes, you are pumped and motivated to go do something.  It doesn't take much to get us going and once that occurs, anyone can become a juggernaut.  We all go through highs and lows, it's in our nature.  However, there are things out there to help us.  Use them to your advantage.  I skip on workouts, professionals skip out, everyone skips out on workouts, but it's the little things that push us to the next level. 

These are just a few things that motivate me.  Hopefully, this helps you

Check out the site www.triforlifefoundation.com

No comments:

Post a Comment